CWC - FREE FUEL TANK ANCHORING PROGRAM July 25, 2016
The Catskill Watershed Corporation, CWC, is now offering a FREE FUEL TANK ANCHORING program in the
floodplains of Town's in the Watershed.
Please contact the COE Karl von Hassel for information and applications as well as directions. COE Von Hassel
may be reached at 845-254-4340. These forms are also available at the Denning Town Hall, 1567 Denning Road,
Claryville, NY 12725 during normal business hours; 985-2411 Monday thru Thursday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm, or
on the Town's website under forms and permits, specifically under Building Permits at
Link to forms: ( www.dennng.us - forms and permits ).
DEC Issues Emergency Regulations for the Blue Hole: May 25, 2016
Significant increase in Visitors Lead to New Regulations to Make the Popular Blue Hole Swimming Area Safer and Cleaner While Protecting New York City's Public Water Supply.
Link to Regulations and more Info: ( http://www.dec.ny.gov/press/106316.html )
The Emergency Regulations will:
- Restrict hours that the area is open (except for the nearby designated camping area) to one half hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset;
- Require the use of the portable restroom facilities for human waste disposal and the dumpster for all other waste;
- Prohibit camping, all fires (including charcoal fires, wood fires, gas grills, propane stoves or other portable stoves) and the use of portable generators at the Blue Hole. (Limited use of the above will be allowed at the nearby designated camping area only);
- Limit parking to designated parking areas (parking along the shoulder of the road is already prohibited by the Town and is a Tow Away Zone); and,
- Prohibit glass containers, radios and other audio devices.
New Website 2016
Working on a new website to bring it up to date with new technology of 2016. Starting with a few templets on this front page.